Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Week 58: Oh,no!! I'm not a Mormon anymore!!

General Conference was amazing! All of the questions and thoughts that I had were touched on and I don't think I've ever enjoyed a weekend of conference more (but I might say that every time 🙄🤔- but I really am excited to go back and to study the talks our prophet and apostles have given us to guide us through these days and to help us feel our Heavenly Father's love!). The Women's Session might have actually been my favorite this time, with the powerful and loving inspirations and direction each of our leaders provided. 💛
The title is b/c we all aren't Mormons anymore, but rather "members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints".. Sister Yeates came up with it haha- she's so funny (we're still comps! Sorry I didn't have time to update you guys with transfers last week! We were moved together to New Plymouth, ID and we also cover one ward in Fruitland, OR so we're constantly crossing the border and I think our legs are going to get extra toned from always raising our feet so we don't drag the state border 🙄😂). Things have been going well, we're shotgunning (or "whitewashing") so we've been trying to meet all of the people the other missionaries were working with and the members of the ward council we will be working with, and so so far it's been pretty good!
We don't really have anyone we're teaching yet, but we'll keep looking! They're out there somewhere. 😊

We also got into a car accident this week- but it wasn't too dangerous b/c we were going slow, so don't worry! 😉 But, now we have a new car and we named her Mary (because Eva- our last car- isn't good anymore so we got the McCall Sister's car and Mary Jensen used to drive her- yup, we named our car after you Sister Jensen! 😁💛).
Also, our district is pretty fun- they're all a bunch of weirdos but/so we love them! One of these pictures is an Elder shoving 7 oreos into his mouth at once.. he's the same Elder that gnawed a hole into a watermelon last transfer.. 😂
The funny times never end!
Anyways, I'm not sure what else has happened- a lot really! I'll keep you updated! Here are some pics. 😊

Love you all,
Sister Wilcox

Pics 
Remember to click on the pictures to enlarge them so you can read the messages..
1. Sister Yeates is so cute! Wife material in 5 months! 😉
2. Our diso GPS wanting us to off-road 😂
3. Our basement bedroom
4. Our white board fell apart during weekly planning lol so ghetto
5. Elder Duling with 7 oreos in his mouth 😶



6. Sister Yeates tried to kill a fly and killed another whiteboard instead
7. Our GC invites- cute, right? We stole the idea from some other Sisters.... 😂
8. The accident..

 9. Fruitland- I think it's pretty, though everyone else gives it a bad rap 🙄😊
10. When I back up at night Sister Yeates looks like something that's going to haunt me 😂😐
11-12. I got two packages in one day! And it was on the day of the accident! Tender mercy! 💛

--

No comments:

Post a Comment