Thursday, March 29, 2018

Week 30: Craziness

This past week was awesome!
So our investigator family who we met because of a member's referral came again this week, and have attended all three hours of church and mutual every week since we met them! And they said they've all been reading the Book of Mormon, both alone and as a family! I'm so excited to see them progress as they continue to feel the love of the ward and the Lord in their daily lives. 😊

We also were asked to speak again at church yesterday in 24th ward and it turned  out one of the bishopric counselors brought a friend that he and his family had met at an airport 2 years ago and  they had had a gospel conversation with him and he had taken a few of the discussions and gone to church with them a couple of times, but nothing stuck at the time. But, now that he's going though a different stage in life he's been prepared and is looking to receive the gospel into his life, and we're going to be able to help him on that path of accepting it and following his Savior Jesus Christ!

There's only 3 weeks left in the transfer and, while I think it'd be fun to have a new adventure, I don't want to leave Nampa! 😥 We've worked so hard in this area to help these of Heavenly Father's children progress and learn of His Restored Gospel and we've found so many new people and taught them and  have had to watch some turn away from the truth, and to find these who actually accept and desire to have it is inspiring! But, I know that whatever happens it's the Lord's will and He knows what He needs in this part of His vineyard at this time, and Sister Bradshaw would do great if I left the area over to her care. 😊 She's a caring missionary, which is what all children of God need 😁✌

Anyways, I walked into the family history center today and an older couple came up to me and asked if I was Sister Wilcox and I was like, "Yes..?" and they pulled out their phone and showed em a picture and said, "Do you know these people?" and it was a picture of my family! With them! I was so surprised, I thought they had just taken it for a second and that my family was here but then I realized that that didn't make any sense and they explained that they had just come back from a vacation in Mexico, and they had gone on a Book of Mormon tour and they had spent 2 weeks with my family (and they said you were all well-behaved- and possibly a bit bored at times, haha 😉 gj)! They live in the stake right next to ours (which, being in Idaho, is only right down the street) so they said if we ever have an opening for dinner we can give them a call and they'd love to have us over! Since they live so close the zone leaders said it'd be okay! So mom, I might be getting to hear about all of your experiences vicariously through them! Cool, right?!
Anyways, I suppose the tender mercies of the Lord really are over all those whom he hath chosen because of their faith.. and diligence 😊
So keep on trucking!

Love you all- here are pictures of us at the mission office, the Swaynes that met both me and my family when they were in Guatemala visiting Book of Mormon sites, and some girls we teach that we gave CTR rings to!
😊✌💛
Sister Wilcox​





No comments:

Post a Comment