Monday, November 26, 2018

Week 65: Thanksgiving

This week, I am grateful for the sweet, loving members who are always so willing to share their abundance and love and time with us!
For Thanksgiving, we got to eat with a few awesome families and they were all so inviting and welcoming- it was just like being home for the holidays (also, one of the families was named the Wilcoxes, so it really was like being home, haha- no relation we know of yet though 🤔)!
I am also grateful for cars, b/c we were biking on exchanges and I froze to death. I don't know how those Sisters do it every night, bless theirs hearts!

Anyways, we had a good lesson with a girl we're teaching named Calli. Her mom is a member who used to go to church sometimes when she was young. Calli's the age of my sister Mary (and even reminds me of her in a few ways! they're both so cute 😊) so it's fun getting to know her and help her to increase in her knowledge and love for her Savior. This week, we talked about the blessings of having the gospel in our lives and gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and a picture of Jesus Christ to hang up in her room to remember Him throughout the week, and it was awesome to see her smile as she hugged her personal copy of the Book of Mormon as we left! The gospel really does bring such lasting joy to us when we choose to believe. 😊

We also had a good lesson with a girl we're teaching named Victoria (at the Jensen's house! they are from my home ward and moved their family out here a while back, and are such great people, it's a blessing to serve around sure disciples of Christ like them 😊). We talked about questions Victoria has and how to continue to find truth for herself, and it's amazing to see such young people have a desire to find truth for themselves, even when it's scary and unknown and easy to sometimes feel alone seeking the truth. Regardless, Victoria has been coming to church on her own for over a year now, and when we asked why she said, "When I get up on Sundays, I never really feel like going to church, but then I feel like I just should. I know it's the right thing to do so I do it." 😁
She is an example to me of following the Spirit and doing what's right even when we don't know why or "don't feel like it". Blessings always come from choosing to follow our Savior. Always.
I'm excited to continue to be a part of her story as she keeps learning and growing in her understanding of the love and plan her Heavenly Father has for her.

And with the pictures, I just wanted to share with you all how beautiful my sisters are!!!! I am so, so grateful for my family- each one of them- who individually bring their own irreplaceable light to make one beautiful whole that is the Wilcox fam. 😉😁
You guys are my favorites! Love you so much and hope you have a great week remembering Jesus Christ and looking for ways to serve Him and His children this holiday season! 🎄❄

Lots of love,
Sister Wilcox

Eagle, ID


 Emmett, ID



My Florida family




No comments:

Post a Comment