Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 1 MTC: Heaven on Earth

So, the MTC is basically heaven on earth.

My companion is really nice- her name is Sister Millington and she's from Alabama (shout out to Sister Sanfilippo, serving in her home mission!). My teachers are great- we had a girl teacher, but she switched when BYU started for scheduling reasons, and even though she was cool our new teacher is even better for me and for what I was praying for because he's all about making us spiritual, good missionaries which is what I want to be, instead of just being our friends and letting everyone goof off like they're at EFY.

My district has 6 sisters in it, all going to Nampa, Idaho and staying in the same room and they all have such sweet spirits. The Elders are all going to Washington and Oregon and they're really funny so sometimes it's hard for our district to remember reverence which can be hard, but they're getting better, and they're not nearly as distracted as many other districts' Elders are so they're good. The food is good imo- at least 90% of the time- but some people don't like it. We went to the temple today and it was special because it was only the second time I've had the opportunity to do an endowment session and I had been dying to go. It was interesting though, because it was the first time I've left the MTC campus since getting here last Wednesday and just walking outside in the world to get to the temple (literally across the street) you could feel a difference as you stepped through the gate- and we're in Utah.

Anyways, the first day I got a couple of Dear Elders from my mom, Aunt Kim, and Aunt Debbie, and it was really fun, and I wrote back to them in letters, but I'm not sure Aunt Kim will ever get hers because I forgot to seal the envelope and I think she moved, so I'll probably let her know by email that I appreciated her thoughtfulness...

Also, I think that I needed to go on an English speaking mission to learn the things of the spirit that I've already gotten to learn, not having to be distracted by a new language (I guess my brain can't handle that haha). The Lord really does know us all and what we need and we just need to trust Him and walk with faith, and then will the power follow.

I've already grown so much in the spirit, and I love it here (even though it's a lot of really hard work). I kind of don't want my mission to ever end 😅 But it doesn't have to, if we truly convert ourselves to the Lord and remember that His work is never done. I invite you all to consecrate yourselves to the Lord, which we've covenanted to do (meaning giving all of our time and talents to the Lord), and I know you won't regret it as you literally feel your nature being changed through our savior Jesus Christ.

The church is true and I love you all,

Sister Wilcox (Summer not Aurelia) P.S. Everyone should listen to/read the talk by Elder Benson called Character of Christ (a BYU-I devotional is the only version of it online as the MTC one was never released, though they're similar I've heard), as it's a life-changing talk that makes you realize how to truly be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and what it truly means to become as He is.

Also, Moroni 7 is amazing if anyone needs a scripture to read :) The MTC (Missionary Training Center)

No comments:

Post a Comment