Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 2 MTC: Last P-Day at Temple

Hello all of you lovely people 💟,

Today was our last p-day where we'd have the opportunity to go to the temple (at least while at the MTC). It's always so beautiful and peaceful there and words cannot describe how much I love it- but we might have the opportunity to be called to help with the open house of the one in my mission (fingers crossed). My district is still cool and I'm not sure if I mentioned this last week but my companion and I are STL's now (not that that really means anything but it's still pretty fun).

So last week we had the opportunity to teach a lovely elderly woman named Jacqi and she was just the sweetest person ever! I literally wanted to hug her like everyday and it was such a joy helping her come unto Christ and commit to being baptized and to help her commit to making that first covenant that is really just the starting point of a life of following Him in joy and love and being able to make it home to our Father in Heaven. 💛

Also, we taught a woman named Paula who was 9 months pregnant and who's probably had her baby by now (a baby girl she wanted to name April)- we have to switch to new investigators once they commit to baptism because some of our MTC investigators are actually members who work for the MTC while others really are real investigators, but we don't know who is who so that we can teach everybody- it's great! But she had such a sweet spirit as well.

This week, my companion (Sis. Millington) and I had the opportunity to meet the sweetest lady ever, her name is Erica and she's visiting from Brazil and the love I feel for both her and our other new investigator Rebekah is so fulfilling and joyous that my we sometimes- like a lot of times actually- just have to talk about how great Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are to us, smile, and do some spins on the empty sidewalks. Lol....

But in all honesty: God is great and missions are the best, and, as President Harold B. Lee said,

“Missionary work is but home teaching to those who are not now members of the Church, and home teaching is nothing more or less than missionary work to Church members” (Improvement Era, Dec. 1964, 1078, President Harold B. Lee (1972–1973).

So we all get to be missionaries! Isn't that great?

Callings are but an invitation to come closer to Christ so always consecrate yourself in all things you do and do them to your fullest and you'll never feel unfulfilled.

P.S. I'm sorry this is a lot longer than I wanted it to be because no one likes to read essays but I wanted to also say a quick thank you to all of the loving people who sent me food and candy and love in the short time I've been here already (you know who you are 💛😸). You're angels sent from heaven above!

I love everything and everyone,

Sister Wilcox 💛✌😊

No comments:

Post a Comment