Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 3 Now in the field--but no potatoes

So I learned something new already being here,

Apparently potatoes are just grown on the east side of Idaho and on the west we have sugar beets and corn.... It's a bit disappointing (I like potatoes lol) but hey, you learn new things everyday. 🤔

Anyways, we missed p-day on Tuesday because we left for the airport at 3:50 in the morning (also, our building (R9) was evacuated for a fire-drill the night before we left which was a lot of fun) - (I'm still recovering from my lack of sleep) and so my lovely companion Sister Abbott is letting me email today really fast, and then I'll go back to the normal Mondays-are-p-days thing.

It's a bit scary out here in the real world, compared to teaching in the MTC and our first appointments are today so all I've done so far is a bit of tracting when we first got here (it's so cold rn) and it was cool to talk to people about the gospel and see their actual opinions and thoughts about it and the questions they have. Which, by the way, our mission has an average of 18.5% member population, so, believe it or not, we do teach and baptize people (but it is a lot of working with in-actives as well, depending on the area).

So, to let you know, my first area is Middleton, Idaho and it's a cute, small town with one grocery store, no Wal-Mart, and a bunch of trailers and little houses in packed communities, and it looks so different than Florida but it's pretty cute in it's own way. 😉

I haven't experienced much else other than flying here and getting settled and starting missionary work, so that's all I have to say for now.... but I'll keep you posted. 😊 Just keep working hard and remember that we're all on missions here- every member a missionary!

I love you all and Jesus loves you,

Sister Wilcox 😁💛✌

P.S. I'm putting all of my photos in a google drive folder so you can just see them all whenever you like so here's the link and you might need to request access but if you do I'll just grant it next time I check my email! Okay, gracias, adios! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByUy-XKpdKNKNUNRZVhBMFNGYTg

Middleton, Idaho, I thought we would be in the mountains!!

No potatoes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment