Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Week 10: Tender Mercies

This week we've been very busy with the open house, as it's almost coming to a close, but in our hours that we aren't working it we've been able to get so much done as the Lord's been guiding our work and showing us the way, His way, to best help His children.

1 Nephi 1:20 talks about how, "The tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom He hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance," and in D&C 84:88 the Lord promises that He will be with us, that, "[He] will go before our face. [He] will be on our right and on our left, and [His] Spirit shall be in [our] hearts, and [His] angels round about [us] to bear [us] up," and this week I've really been able to see these promises being fulfilled!

As I said in a past email, I believe those angels are the people around us, who the Lord puts in our lives to be representatives of Him, to help us when we are in need of help, to give us comfort and to let us feel His love for us through them.

I know that as long as we keep our eyes open to look for these diligent servants/angels of the Lord we will always find them because they're here on the earth all around us, there to bear us up!

Knowing this makes me always want to look for ways to be an angel for someone else, and to lift someone else who's feeling down. To recognize that the Lord works through us to answer other's prayers if we're willing to do His will and listen to promptings He gives to us and that we can be the tender mercies He sends to His children who are in despair, we can let our light shine before them and brighten their day to let them see our good works and turn their eyes up to glorify our Father which is in heaven (Matthew 5:16)! I love that the Lord allows us to be there for His other children, to help them to look up and to see how much He really does care about them, and that He's aware of them and loves them dearly, as He truly does love each and every one of us individually, because as we help others, we in turn also help ourselves grow and strengthen our testimonies.

I invite you all to read D&C 45:3-5 and really ask yourself, "Is my relationship with my Savior at that point where it needs to be so that I can see myself standing beside Him to be judged of the Father at that last day and know in my heart that I have done all that I can to come unto Him, to do as He would have done, to be His hands on this earth, and to truly learn and live what it means to be His disciple?"

He's going to be there next to us, pleading our cause before the Father. He's shed His blood willingly on our behalf because He loves us, and all He asks us to do is to try, and it is enough for Him. So are we trying? Are we doing all that we can to give back to Him that's given us so much? We can never truly repay Him, but we can give it our best effort, so at that day when He pleads our cause before the Father, we will stand spotless and be able to feel worthy of His eternal mercy and grace.

I love my Savior and I love all of you, so keep striving to follow His example and one day we can all be together in everlasting and abounding love and joy!

Keep being angels,
Sister Wilcox 💛😇

We're still doing the Meridian Temple open house

No comments:

Post a Comment